The best part of this post is the bogus excuse for shutting down Question of the Day and Advice Box. Last time I looked someone named Spartacus was flaming them every day. And a recent QOD asked: "What word best describes you?" Someone wrote: "Ineffable." Bwahaha!
NonSociety 2.0: A quick note about the site design
Oh, site design, the bane of my existence for the past three months. We’ve taken your suggestions on NonSociety 1.5 into account for NonSociety 2.0, which will go live sometime today:
- Much bigger photos & videos (we hated the small ones, too!)
- No more jumps! Or, not very frequently. Remember, you can still click on the little paperclip to get the permalink (and see the post in the lightbox, which we’re also pretty iffy on, but we have to keep for the time being).
- No more div (in other words, no more the horizontal scroll bar in the middle of the page, separating the Lifecast from the top tabs, and the bottom google ads, Question of the Day and Advice Box), which made it hard to scroll on the iPhone (you had to use two fingers, now you’ll only have to use one, which is an 100% Finger Savings), and necessitated jumps after two sentences (annoying - for you AND for us).
- X-nay on the Google-ads-underneath-ay (they’ll now come in the Lifecast panel, but at the end).
- And (gulp), we’re putting Question of the Day & Advice Box on indefinite hiatus. Yes, yes, I know it’s devastating. Honestly, I loved the concept of these two spaces - but none of us felt that we had enough time to spend focusing on them. I think the community needs a forum, but I don’t think it’s that, at least right now. It’s my goal to get something up within the next two months, but what form it takes, I still can’t say. Any suggestions are welcome!